[gmx-users] Membrane simulations

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Tue Oct 21 14:25:07 CEST 2014

With a time step of 0.0005 and still having the "particle moved too far" error, I would suspect that your system is not well equilibrated. Likely you are going to need to do some energy minimization and a short simulation with position restraints to relax the system into equilibrium before doing your production study.

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics