[gmx-users] How to save trajectories of our interest into vmd

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 27 13:06:56 CET 2014

On 10/27/14 1:25 AM, Seera Suryanarayana wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users
>
> I would like to analyze frame number 150 to 160 out of 1000 frames. I have
> been trying to load frames of my interest into vmd. But I was not able to
> do it. Please tell me how to use it.

If you're having problems with VMD, they have a mailing list that might suit
your question better.  If the question relates to how one views or analyzes only
a subset of a trajectory, it's rather simple.  Gromacs tools make use of the -b
and -e options, to allow you to -b(egin) and -e(nd) your analysis at any time
frame in the trajectory.  If you want to visualize only a short segment of the
trajectory, use trjconv -b and -e (using time in ps, not frame number) to write
out a new trajectory for visualization.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629