[gmx-users] How to implement LJ 6-12 function form?

Eric Smoll ericsmoll at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 02:52:01 CET 2014

Hello Kester,

Setting the first value in the defaults directive to 1 indicates that you
want to use the 6-12 LJ potential. As far as I understand, setting N is
only necessary if you want the repulsive LJ term to be something other than
12. I don't think you need to do anything else. The first defaults entry
looks good.

See page 144 of the Gromacs 5.0.2 manual.

Best,
Eric