[gmx-users] pdb2gmx

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:56:27 CET 2014

Hi,

The .rtp files are used by pdb2gmx in order to recognize residues in the
face of what can be massive noise in the input file. It primarily matches
names of atoms and residues. It writes a coordinate and topology file whose
atom and residue ordering matches each other, and whose atom types will
permit parameter lookup from the force field data bases - atom and residues
names become fairly (completely? idk) unimportant at this stage. I imagine
it is possible to duplicate the same atom name within a residue for use
with grompp, but likely there's no tool that generates such input for
grompp, because they need unique atom names so they can bring order from
chaos. Please check out the instructions and examples in Chapter 5 of the
manual.

Mark