[gmx-users] Naughty Vacuum Bubble in our Vesicle

André Farias de Moura moura at ufscar.br
Wed Oct 29 14:26:56 CET 2014

Dear Manuel/Björn,

I think Patrick has a point, an artificial pore should allow the solvent to
equilibrate itself across the bilayer, but you need to choose atomistic and
coarse grained force fields that yield very close areas per lipid (for
planar bilayers, for instance), otherwise the atomistic and coarse grained
vesicles will most likely relax to different curvatures and lipid packing,
and then the pore won't be much useful as a strategy to relax the pore, you
will probably end up with the wrong hydration inside the vesicle (either
too few or too many water molecules).

best,

Andre