[gmx-users] Making trajectory movie last longer.

andrea andrea.spitaleri at iit.it
Wed Sep 3 15:41:07 CEST 2014

Hi,
when you say "too quickly" are you referring to the "noise" I guess.
If it is the case, you could try to filter you xtc either with g_filter
in order to reduce the fluctuactions or in vmd itself you can smooth the
xtc in the graphical representations -> trajectory tab -> trajectory
smooting (2 or 3 should be enough)

hope it helps

and

On 03/09/2014 15:35, Dawid das wrote:
> Dear Gromacs experts,
>
> I have a question not regarding Gromacs itself but maybe you found a
> solution.
>
> I have already solved this problem but not for GROMACS files.
> I want to make a trajectory movie using VMD, but following frames appear
> too quickly and it is very hard to actually see and analyze how chromophore
> structure changes over time. So I want to make the movie last longer and
> the frames to be be displayed for a longer timer.
>
> I did it for Tinker trajectory snapshots by uploading the same snapshot 5
> or 7 times but how to do it with *gro and *trr files from Gromacs?
>
> Best wishes,
> Dawid Grabarek
>
> PS Maybe you suggest to use different prorgram?

Andrea Spitaleri PhD
Principal Investigator AIRC
D3 - Drug Discovery & Development
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia