[gmx-users] Net charge density distribution plots in GROMACS

João Henriques joao.henriques.32353 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:59:09 CEST 2014

Hello,

First of all don't be offended, but I struggled a little bit with your
English, so I hope I got the message correctly. If my answer doesn't
correspond to your question, please let me know.

> I am using GROMACS 4.5.6 and could not find this particular tool.

That's because there isn't one. Gromacs is a MD package, you are looking in
the wrong place. To calculate charge distributions you need a titration
scheme. A constant-pH MD method would probably be able to do so, but then
there are the Mg2+ cations. Divalent (multivalent) ions are usually a
problem, specially when using a linearized Poisson Boltzmann solver to
estimate the pKa's (this is part of the internal machinery used in
constant-pH MD methods).

There are other alternative methods.

Best regards,
João