[gmx-users] make_ndx bug?

gromacs query gromacsquery at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 23:15:44 CEST 2014

Hi Justin

Hope it makes sense now :) Here is the link (small piece of some pdb
without hydrogens)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=09348261523279878452
<http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09348261523279878452>

I used this command: (note residue 2 is missing so using 'r 2' will not
work )

make_ndx -f test_noH.pdb -o ndx_noH.ndx

selected as:

r 3

It gives correct number of atoms info but gives atom numbers as line
numbers (9 to 16) and 'real' atom numbers are: 34,36,38,41 ... so on

It seems it reads residue column correctly from pdb, e.g. if you use  r 2
then it complains that residue is missing but I think atom numbers are not
read from 'atom number column' itself but as line numbers