[gmx-users] extracting from TRR

Matthias Ernst matthias.ernst at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Sep 26 21:27:03 CEST 2014

Judging from what you wrote: Justin's answer is perfectly fine but your
understanding of RMSD obviously is not.

RMSD is not a quantity of one structure only.
Rather, it is defined as root mean square deviation (kind of a measure
of "difference") between two structures one from another. If one of
those two structures is fixed and the other a trajectory, you will get a
data set of RMSDs that monitor the difference of every snapshot in the
trajectory to the reference structure. As this seems to be what you
want, as what Justin supposed.

Regards, Matthias