[gmx-users] umbrella sampling tutorial

Ming Tang m21.tang at qut.edu.au
Tue Apr 7 13:11:14 CEST 2015

Hi, Justin

I am working with a triple helix using umbrella sampling method. When generating configurations, I pulled 1ns (md_pull.mdp). Then I got 15 configurations using 0.03 spacing. They are conf0.gro conf5.gro conf10.gro conf15.gro conf17.gro conf18.gro conf30.gro conf31.gro conf39.gro conf59.gro conf87.gro conf161.gro conf233.gro conf360.gro conf488.gro. Most of the configurations are within 0-100 frames. Does this affect the umbrella sampling simulations? Is there any pulling time requirement when generating the configurations?  I was supposed to have a try and find the result, but found that the calculation is time-consuming. So I decided to ask you finally.

Thanks a lot,
Ming