[gmx-users] (no subject)

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Sat Apr 18 16:22:19 CEST 2015

Dear Bahare:

this is not necessarily a problem. If what you are saying is that in two separate runs of the same system from the same coordinates you got different trajectories then this is expected under most conditions: http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Reproducibility

However, if you are saying that your trajectory does not produce a linear increase in output timepoints and has some overlap, then I am a bit surprised since you say that you use the -append option to mdrun. I suspect that this is not your concern, but if it is then please provide more details. It's kind of hard to know since you did not provide your actual complete commands (cut and paste is always best for a list like this; e.g. was it also "-deffnm newmd" in the first run ? if it was actually "-deffnm md" in the first run then what you got is expected behaviour).

Chris.