[gmx-users] Steered MD simulation of drug molecules across the plasma membrane in gromacs 5.0.4

Christopher Neale chris.neale at alum.utoronto.ca
Tue Apr 21 13:10:20 CEST 2015

Dear Mahender:

It's a real pity that the pull_geometry = position has been removed. So now it's impossible to do umbrella sampling of a solute across a lipid bilayer properly? Anyway, I see a note about this removal here ( http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/1346 ), though no reason is given. I'd suggest that you revert to a more functional version of gromacs ;)

Hopefully I'm missing something and somebody else can point you to a better solution.

Chris.