[gmx-users] extracting coordinates from traj.xtc

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 2 13:34:12 CET 2015

On 12/1/15 8:21 AM, mah maz wrote:
> Thank you Justin. I expected that only water molecules are written in .xtc
> but all the others are there! g_traj -f traj.xtc -ox gives numbers like
> 1.64e-318 for all frames! How can I get real coordinates from .xtc?

If you've got unexpected content, you need to go back and check everything you
did.  Load the trajectory in VMD and watch it; if the geometries go haywire,
then your run probably crashed (as the infinitely small coordinate suggests).
See what gmxcheck has to say, try trjconv -dump to write out a single coordinate
file, etc.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629