[gmx-users] Fwd: Help with Gromacs 5.1 mdp options for CHARMM27 force field

Rakesh Ramachandran korenpol3 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:42:52 CET 2015

Hi Justin,

     Thanks for the reply. Sorry if this question was too long or I was not
clear.

1) What are the optimal values of tau_t and tau_p for CHARMM36. I see
in your tutorial that it is 0.1 0.1 for tau_t and 2.0 for tau_p.
The CHARMM-GUI generated mdp settings had 1.0 1.0 for tau_t and 5.0 for
tau_p. So are higher values more appropriate for CHARMM36 FF and what
properties does it effect ?

3) I was asking Berendsen pressure coupling with respect to the
equilibration stage, since I read in some earlier mailing post that
Berendsen coupling is more appropriate for temperature (NVT) as well as
pressure (NPT) equilibration.

4) Moreover once I do pbc correction I still see one or two ions sticking
out of the rhombic dodecahedron box representation in pymol. Is it more of
a visualization artifact ?

Regards
Rakesh