[gmx-users] parameter for repeating units with cgenff

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Dec 11 18:50:18 CET 2015

On 12/11/15 12:17 PM, gromacs query wrote:
> Hi Justin
>
> Thanks for the reply. Yes your are right and indeed, sorry I forgot to
> mention, I tried with some CH3 and other groups which may be considered as
> an appropriate 'cap' which is normally followed by many. But in this case I
> will have to remove the cap e.g. B-O-CH3 to B-O- before joining to the next
> residue. This causes a net non-integral charge on B-O- which is not correct
> as disturbs overall integral charge of the polymer. Ideally the cap once
> removed should leave B-O with integral charge. I have tried many caps but
> none of them after being removed leave B-O to be integral.

Capping groups can't simply be chopped off; that will naturally lead to a
useless topology.  They need to be designed such that their parameters (charges,
etc) are analogous to the full-length species such that they can be merged with
flanking groups.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629