[gmx-users] parameter for repeating units with cgenff

gromacs query gromacsquery at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 19:28:47 CET 2015

Hi Justin

I am bit lost I think. For e.g. in the amino acid residues library we have
-CO-CH(R)-NH- which we can combine these amino acids in any way and in the
rtp file it defines only these atoms and connecting atoms are mentioned
specifically.

Now lets say I have some new amino acid -CO-CH(X)-NH- which I want to
combine with some existing amino acids. If I want to derive charges from
Cgenff what kind of residue I should prepare?
Is it NH2-CO-CH(X)-NH-COOH or may be CH3-NH-CO-CH(X)-NH-COCH3. But
ultimately I will be requiring only -CO-CH(X)-NH- part. So not considering
charges for the caps in topology will give non-integral charge or in other
words this part -CO-CH(X)-NH- will always be non-integral. Sorry am
confused.

Thanks