[gmx-users] Completed simulation in Gromacs 4.6.5. Can I extend it with Gromacs 5.1.1?

Jorge Fernández de Cossío Díaz j.cossio.diaz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:04:21 CET 2015

I have completed a 50ns protein simulation in Gromacs 4.6.5. Now I want to
extend this simulation to 100ns, but I just found out that the cluster I
used has replaced 4.6.5 with 5.1.1. I'd also like to use the new version,
since I find the new "gmx " commands (with autocomplete) to be easier to
use.

So, can I extend a simulation that I completed using gromacs 4.6.5, with
gromacs 5.1.1?