[gmx-users] Missing terminal cap group

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jul 6 13:38:12 CEST 2015

On 7/6/15 6:59 AM, anu chandra wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I just had a recheck of Gromacs Charmm36ff provided
> in Grocmacs website (
> http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/User_contributions/Force_fields).
> Unfortunately ACE group is missing in the .rtp file and also, in the .n.tdb
> file. But, it is present in the Chramm27ff, which came with Gromacs package
> itself. The Charmm36ff provided by
> http://mackerell.umaryland.edu/charmm_ff.shtml#gromacs also have the ACE
> group in the .rtp file. Is it okay if I replace the charmm36ff in
> gromacs/share/gromacs/top/ folder ( downloaded from
> http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/User_contributions/Force_fields ) with the
> one from MacKerell lab?

Use the whole force field from our lab; don't piece together files from
different places.  The tarball on the Downloads site (as the description says)
is not actually CHARMM36; it is a hybrid of CHARMM22/CMAP for proteins and
CHARMM36 for lipids.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629