[gmx-users] Problem with the MDS extended trajectory in Gromacs 5.04

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 9 22:42:47 CEST 2015

On 7/9/15 3:09 PM, PAULAMI CHATTERJEE wrote:
> I have used the following commands for the initial mdrun
>
> gmx grompp -f md.mdp -c npt.gro -t npt.cpt -p topol.top -o md_0_1.tpr
> gmx mdrun -deffnm md_0_1
>
> Can you please suggest now what went wrong?

So you have a trajectory named md_0_1.xtc - that should contain the first part
of the run.  Then somehow you say you've got traj_comp.xtc (though none of the
commands you've shown would produce a file with that name), so if that's the case:

gmx trjcat -f md_0_1.xtc traj_comp.xtc -o full.xtc

That will have the whole thing.

-Justin