[gmx-users] GROMACS wall parameters

João Henriques joao.henriques.32353 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 20:54:50 CEST 2015

Dear Shivangi,

To me - if I understood your problem correctly - there's no point in using
walls. Why don't you just use position restraints for the protein? When I
think of walls, I think of surface adsorption studies and such.
Furthermore, when you use walls in gromacs you're including an additional
protein-surface LJ term to the system Hamiltonian, which is something you
definitely don't want in this case, since you just want to use them as
"inert barriers".

One more thing: I don't know what system you're working on and what's your
purpose, but if the protein isn't stable inside the membrane, then that
probably means that there's a bunch of other issues to consider first,
before trying ad-hoc approaches.

Best regards,
João