[gmx-users] Position restraining of ions.

Gordan Horvat ghorvat at chem.pmf.hr
Thu Jul 16 08:42:42 CEST 2015

You can copy the part regarding the certain ion type from ions.itp to a
separate itp file and #include that itp file into a top file. Then
#include the position restraint file that has restraints for only one
ion of that type at the end of that new itp file. By this manner you can
even split a group of same ions (for example, some potassium ions are
restrained and others are not) by making separate itp files for
potassium ions in which you specify different [ moleculetype ] names for
each file and doing that accordingly at the [ molecules ] table at the
end of a top file. Of course, when you split groups you need to know the
positions of ions of interest in a system structural file (gro or pdb),
as they need to be listed in the same order in the [ molecules ] table.

Gordan