[gmx-users] Position restraining of ions.

anu chandra anu80125 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:51:30 CEST 2015

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have modified the top file as shown below.
Though it looks working fine for me, can you please have quick look into it.

;       Force field was read from the standard Gromacs share directory.
;

; Include forcefield parameters
#include "charmm36-jun2015.ff/forcefield.itp"

; Include chain topologies
#include "topol_Protein.itp"
#include "topol_Protein2.itp"
#include "topol_Protein3.itp"
#include "topol_Protein4.itp"
#include "POPC.itp"

#include "POT.itp"

#ifdef REST_ON
#include "POT_rest.itp"
#endif

#include "CL.itp"

#ifdef REST_ON
#include "CL_rest.itp"
#endif

; Include water topology
#include "charmm36-jun2015.ff/tip3p.itp"

[ system ]
; Name
Titile

[ molecules ]
; Compound        #mols
Protein              1
Protein2            1
Protein3            1
Protein4            1
POPC              295
POT                 85
CL                   122
SOL                 24892

And my POT_rest.itp and CL_rest have similar format as follows,

; position restraints for POT of GROningen MAchine for Chemical Simulation

[ position_restraints ]
;  i funct       fcx        fcy        fcz
    1    1       1000       1000       1000

and I have ' define  = -DREST_ON ' in mdp file.

Hope what I am doing is right?

Many thanks
Anu