[gmx-users] MD exit condition

Eric Smoll ericsmoll at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 03:16:29 CEST 2015

Hello Gromacs users,

condition, Mark Abraham suggested that it might be possible to use a
table-specified bond that would terminate a simulation by generating an
infinite force and crashing mdrun.

I am interested in revisiting this idea with a slightly more complex exit
condition. How would I define a simulation that will crash when the
z-component of a fictious bond between two groups exceeds a certain value
in a specific cartesian direction (e.g., the z-component)? Is this
impossible in GROMACS?

Best,
Eric