[gmx-users] MD exit condition

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jul 20 14:33:58 CEST 2015

On 7/19/15 9:16 PM, Eric Smoll wrote:
> Hello Gromacs users,

> condition, Mark Abraham suggested that it might be possible to use a
> table-specified bond that would terminate a simulation by generating an
> infinite force and crashing mdrun.
>
> I am interested in revisiting this idea with a slightly more complex exit
> condition. How would I define a simulation that will crash when the
> z-component of a fictious bond between two groups exceeds a certain value
> in a specific cartesian direction (e.g., the z-component)? Is this
> impossible in GROMACS?

Not without code modifications.  Nothing in the mdrun code checks distances or
components of any vector to determine whether or not to stop.  That would be a
drag on performance for something that wouldn't really get used that often.
Shouldn't be hard to add.

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy