[gmx-users] difference in -heavyh and -deuterate

Felipe Merino felipe.merino at mpi-dortmund.mpg.de
Tue Jul 21 08:27:28 CEST 2015

Hi,

With heavyh you redistribute the mass of the system, making hydrogen
heavy by taking mass from the attached atom. In that way the total mass
remains unchanged, but you can use a bigger time step (I think it's
meant for 4fs).

Felipe

--
Felipe Merino, Dr. rer. nat.
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Physiology