[gmx-users] solvation free energy, electrostatic transformation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jul 27 16:31:12 CEST 2015

On 7/27/15 10:28 AM, Daniele Veclani wrote:
> Yes I have a experimental value.
>
> DGexp=1.99 kcal/mol
> DGcalc.=-14.36 kcal/mol
>
> But if I stop the VdW transformation, i get:
> DGonlyVdW= 2.38 and this value is in line with other data found in the
> literature.

That's only part of the transformation.  Despite the fact that it looks pretty,
it's not the solvation free energy.  Your topology is such that the
electrostatic interactions are way to favorable.  You need better parameters
(charges).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629