[gmx-users] First frame already out of box, getting very large RMSD

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Mar 1 20:43:54 CET 2015

On 3/1/15 1:21 PM, yunshi11 . wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

>>> x.gro, I tried centering on monomer A, monomer B, and two interfacial
>>> residues of monomer A. None of them worked, and the two ligands of monomer
>>> B are always outside the box.
>>>
>>> Can I send .gro files to the mailing list?
>>>

>> No. To share files you need to upload them to a file-sharing service and
>> provide a link.  The input files (.tpr, .gro, and .ndx) would be useful.
>>

>> Please have a look at these files at
> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8xuDbuW-ACESnlTcUVrUEdKSGs&usp=sharing
>
> Please make the .tpr file with the .mdp, .top, and .gro files provided,
> since different versions of gromacs may not be compatible with all .tpr
> file versions.

Well, I have just about every GROMACS version available to me, and you could
just tell me what version you're using.  There's a reason I want to see your
.tpr file; its contents are part of the consistency check I want to do.
Moreover, all I'm going to get by using these files is generate a .tpr with the
coordinates from nvt.gro; there's no purpose to fitting this structure to itself
and there's no way to check anything this way.

Please provide the .tpr, as requested, as well as provide the *exact* command
you're using (no "x" substitutions; I need to know exactly what you're doing if
you want me to try to reproduce or fix it).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore