[gmx-users] First frame already out of box, getting very large RMSD

yunshi11 . yunshi09 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 21:48:15 CET 2015

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 3/1/15 1:21 PM, yunshi11 . wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

>>> and
>>> provide a link.  The input files (.tpr, .gro, and .ndx) would be useful.
>>>

>>> Please have a look at these files at
>>>
>> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8xuDbuW-
>> ACESnlTcUVrUEdKSGs&usp=sharing
>>
>> Please make the .tpr file with the .mdp, .top, and .gro files provided,
>> since different versions of gromacs may not be compatible with all .tpr
>> file versions.
>>

> Well, I have just about every GROMACS version available to me, and you
> could just tell me what version you're using.  There's a reason I want to
> see your .tpr file; its contents are part of the consistency check I want
> to do. Moreover, all I'm going to get by using these files is generate a
> .tpr with the coordinates from nvt.gro; there's no purpose to fitting this
> structure to itself and there's no way to check anything this way.
>
> Please provide the .tpr, as requested, as well as provide the *exact*
> command you're using (no "x" substitutions; I need to know exactly what
> you're doing if you want me to try to reproduce or fix it).

I tried many commands that did not work, and the most recent one is:

trjconv -s nvt.tpr -f nvt.gro -pbc mol -center -ur compact -n chain.ndx -o
nvt2.gro, with selected indexes as:

Select group for centering
Select a group: 36
Selected 36: 'enzymeA'
Select group for output
Select a group: 32
Selected 32: 'dimtprz'

Note nvt.tpr is generated with em2.gro, a structural file with no
periodicity and looks alright, and nvt.gro is the output from running
nvt.tpr

Please refer to the same link (updated files): https://drive.google.com/