[gmx-users] make_ndx specific residues backbone in Chain A and B

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Mar 2 14:50:43 CET 2015

On 3/2/15 5:23 AM, RJ wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> How do i select different chain backbone in make_ndx ?
>

> i could select the chain A and B desperately but cant select them together.
>

> The manual says 'chain' ch1 [ch2 ..]
>

> I tried as like the manual, but end up with error;
>

> chain A | chain B & r 236-297 | r 321-400 | r 433-512 | r 526-1057 [r 322-598 | r 616-722] & 4

4 & chain A | 4 & chain B should merge the two backbone groups.  If you need
subsets of those, it's syntactically easier (and much easier to follow if you're
going back and checking things) to make a subset group of one chain in one step,
then merge that subset with the other chain, e.g.

4 & chain B & r XXX-YYY

4 & chain A | (the first group)

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy