[gmx-users] how to apply distance restrains between a residue and an ion

Victor Ma victordsmagift at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 23:57:59 CEST 2015

Thank you Justin.

Right now I have a sodium with three ligand residue. One of the ligand
residue is in a not very good position. I would like to apply a soft
harmonic distant restraint to keep them together and pull the "bad" ligand
residue a little closer. Mostly I am trying to maintain and optimize this
sodium-ligand cluster. What would you suggest? I am using Gromacs 5.0.4.
The "flat bottom restraints" and "intermolecular distance restraints" are
in the 5.1 version? Is "Any pull rate of zero maintains a specified
distance using a harmonic biasing potential. " what I need?

Thank you so much!!!!

Victor