[gmx-users] demux.pl input file

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Sep 2 14:15:35 CEST 2015

On 9/2/15 6:35 AM, Nawel Mele wrote:
> Dear Andrea,
>
> Thank you very much for your quick answer.
>
> I would like to ask you another quick question. Like I said I am interested
> on a particular temperature , so I wanted to use the demux.pl file to
> follow the trajectory of my temperature of interest through the temperature
> space.
> But, if I want the trajectory of this specific temperature in order to
> perform different analysis on it like dihedral and hydrogen bond analysis.
> Should I use first demux.pl on the replica "0" (for the lowest temperature)
> and then use the replica_index.xvg output file and perform : trjcat -f
> *.trr -demux replica_index.xvg or because during gromacs REMD simulation
> only coordinates are exchanges do I need to use the demux.pl script for
> extracting my trajectory??

GROMACS trajectory and energy files are continuous in temperature, so you do not
need demux.pl to analyze a the properties at a particular temperature. If you
want to follow a particular structure through temperature space, you need
demux.pl.  Any .log file should tell you about the exchanges; demux.pl simply
reads this information to write the appropriate output files to determine how to
follow a given structure through temperature space.

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629