[gmx-users] Re : Unusual Blow up

Nima Soltani nima.slt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 01:35:34 CEST 2015

Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at ...> writes:

> On 9/2/15 11:59 AM, Nima Soltani wrote:
> > Justin Lemkul <jalemkul <at> ...> writes:

Blow up

> >> And what does the starting structure look like?  You have lots of atoms
> > that are
> >> very close together, but I have no idea what the surface should look like.
> >>
> >> -Justin
> >>
> > I really appreciate your time that you spend helping me Justin
> > the starting structure looks like this:
> > https://www.dropbox.com/l/qGSSN0MRJKUtJronECThnn
> > and the topology of the surface is:
> > https://www.dropbox.com/l/c0Cp7RUeuaoDGS7aSuk1Sn
> >
> > AGSS are atom types of surface ag atom
> > AGBB bulk atoms
> > AGII some virtual atom types on the surface
> > AGCC Charge associated with Drude Oscillators (connected to every AGBB &
> > AGSS through constraint)
> >

> Sorry, can't spot anything out of the ordinary.  Make sure your atom types
and
> interactions are set up properly, and if AGII are supposed to be treated as
Not Virtual in that sense! "Virtual site" is also not a good term to use :-)
they are interaction sites at the surface to direct the position of adsorbed
molecule
> virtual sites, I see no indication of that at all in the topology.

Thank you dear Justin for everything
parameters and etc... seems to be correct except that very strange error !
it occurs after nearly 2,000,000 time-steps ,After 1 month i really do not
have any idea what is the cause of this

> I also wouldn't really refer to this as a polarizable system, or that
these are
> Drude oscillators at all; you have no [polarization] directive (or
> alternatively, harmonic bonds) and the constraints don't allow anything to
> oscillate at all :)  This is more of a charge-delocalization model, if
anything.

Yep, You are right, my mistake :-)
"Including Image Charge Effects in the Molecular Dynamics
Simulations of Molecules on Metal Surfaces DOI : 10.1002/jcc.20928 "
This model is referred to as "Rod model"