[gmx-users] Extracting Trajectory and False Simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Sep 7 03:59:00 CEST 2015

On 9/6/15 9:54 PM, Rabindra Oliya wrote:
> Dear sir,
> I have to extract the configuration stored into the trajectory file and
> carry out the false simulation (in which we set up just one MD step and a
> 0.0 time step) using the topology file. How can be this done?

Why bother?  A single step in which no time passes leaves you with the same
coordinates you started with, which presumably you already have.

If you want to extract coordinates from a trajectory into something you can
visualize, use trjconv.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629