[gmx-users] tabulated potential - problem

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Sep 7 19:20:31 CEST 2015

On 9/7/15 1:04 PM, Liz Bell wrote:
> Sorry I did not know how to deal with the fact that I posted my question with a
> wrong topic.
> Thank you for your answer. But I do not really understand what you mean. My
> topology contains those things like
> bond, angle and dihedral terms:
> [ bonds ]
> ;ai   aj  bondTyp  n    k
>    1    2    8      1    1
>    2    3    8      2    1
> [ angles ]
> ;  ai     aj     ak    angleTyp  n    k
>      1    2        3       8      1    1
>      4    5        6       8      1    1
> [ dihedrals ]
> ;  ai    aj  ak   al  dihedralTyp  n    k
>      1    7   10   13      8        0    1
>     52   55   58    4      8        0    1
> but the gmx energy options to chose are only the common ones like  ... 6
> Potential        7  Kinetic-En.      8  Total-Energy  ...

It would be helpful if you posted the entire list of choices, rather than some
subset.  Perhaps bonded terms are off in the case of tabulated potentials, but
I've never seen such a thing happen.

> and furthermore this:
> LJ-SR:P_1-P_1
> Coul-SR:P_1-P_1
> which are the LJ/coulomb short range of my energy group P_1.
> But it is not possible to calculate the bonded energy between the specific bond
> ai and aj. Is it possible with any of the gromacs tools to
> visualise the potential engergy of specific bond types?

No, but you can calculate it by measuring the distance between the atoms of
interest and applying whatever functional form you're using.

-Justin