[gmx-users] User-Specified LJ Epsilon and Sigma

Phwey Gil psg30 at case.edu
Wed Sep 9 19:54:59 CEST 2015

Hi Justin, Maryam,

My initial problem was that I did not specify the atom types as Justin
said. Now I am able to change the masses and charges easily, but there are
still some problems with implementing the lennard-jones potential.

In my .itp file I write:
 [ atomtypes ]
     X  1  7.777  0.450  A  2  3

Where X is the atom in question, and I have made up numbers to see how they
appear in topol.tpr. I was able to see that the masses and charges can be
implemented straightforwardly. However, the C6 and C12 parameters are not
(2 and 3). The output values found in topol.tpr are:

 functype[9]=LJ_SR, c6= 1.41771114e+00, c12= 3.59777004e-01

Additionally, [ Bonds ] do not appear in the topol.tpr either.