[gmx-users] Creating a box of water with density 1000 g/l

Ebert Maximilian m.ebert at umontreal.ca
Fri Sep 11 17:48:02 CEST 2015

Thanks for the reply. I think I can simulate it now. The only thing I don’t understand and this is in reference to my other post: OPLS/AA parameters for 2-propanol
How can the self-diffusion coefficient be a good measure for testing my parameters if for TIP3P water the self-diffusion coefficient ist 6 x 10^-9 m2 s-1 but the experimental value is around 2.3 x 10^-9 m2 s-1. So if even for a highly used water model the coefficient doesn’t fit how can I make any assumption about the quality of my parameters for 2-propanol?

Thanks