[gmx-users] membrane protein simulation

Brett brettliu123 at 163.com
Sun Sep 13 08:51:35 CEST 2015

Dear All,

Suppose a membrane protein contains 10 trans-membrane helix, and as the cell membrane is round, the upper and lower part of the 10 trans- membrane are not horizontal as they are part of the rounded cell, will you please introduce to me how to make the lipid bilayer in curve to parallel the upper and lower part of the 10 tran- membrane? I only know we can pack the membrane protein into the lipid bilayer in the way the lipid bilayer would be perpendicular to the membrane protein.

Yesterday I have posted a similar question but my post was not show in the post list.

I am looking forward to getting your reply.

Best regards.

Brett