[gmx-users] calculation of persistence length

Johnny Lu johnny.lu128 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 10:21:47 CEST 2015

Hi. I guess g_polystat can't do that.

The online reference for gmx polystat ((
http://manual.gromacs.org/programs/gmx-polystat.html) says:
"...the persistence length is defined as number of bonds where the average
cos reaches a value of 1/e."

The number of bonds is one number.
I don't think it is possible to recover the many cos(theta) used to
calculate this number of bonds.

How about g_angle?
(http://www.cenapad.unicamp.br/parque/manuais/Gromacs/online/g_angle.html)
(http://manual.gromacs.org/programs/gmx-angle.html)