[gmx-users] Binding energy calculation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Sep 13 15:10:10 CEST 2015

On 9/13/15 8:56 AM, Malihe Hasanzadeh wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have simulated a protein-ligand with gromacs and submitted it. My
> reviewer asked me about calculation of binding energy. Which tutorial is
> acceptable and suitable for me to do it?

Either free energy calculations (alchemical transformation) or PMF.  Note that
you will need to use the new [intermolecular_interactions] in version 5.1 to use
the free energy code and get a meaningful free energy of binding.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore