[gmx-users] miscelle formation using ligands only

Chetan Puri chetanpuris at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 17:35:59 CEST 2015

thanks for you help and today i was able to solve the problem,
actually my pdb file was made using packmole for 5 molecules and molecules
were prepared using prodrug , so my pdb file contained names of DRG A,
B,C,D,E
and i tried to change it to  SC3,CA1,D3G,......... in the last packed PDB
file and also i made changes in the itp files. So in my topolgy prepared
file also i used the same names under molecules part. As a result of this
the grompp was not able to read my .itp files and showed error as too few
parameters on line. But then again i kept the  names as such and included
DRG_chain_A,B,C ....... names in my topology file molecules part and
also.itp molecule name . There after grompp was able to read all the files.
I received two notes :
note1 was for verlet scheme >10 and for gpu >20 .............
note2 was for some PME load distribution
I have used ions.mdp file of the tutorial just to make .tpr file.
i hope this is of not great concern and i would also like to know that why
was grompp not able to read itp files even though i have placed the same
name in every file.