[gmx-users] Electric double layer, how to add charge

Andreas adnad at gmx.net
Thu Sep 17 13:51:22 CEST 2015

Hello,

thanks, very simple, changing the .top file worked perfectly.
And I was thinking: How do I change the .gro file, will changing the
.top be enough.

thanks for the advice with the potential. I was thinking to calculate
the potential (voltage) with the the poissons equation and the ion
density. Afterwards to use the charge on my graphene layer to calculate
the double layer capacitance (C_dl) and then maybe to show C_dl change
over voltage.
(by changing the charge, starting with a very small one. At a certain
"voltage"(actually charge) the Cdl should stay about constant, i guess).

Data will be used to estimate a more complex structure, sadly there is
no direct comparison possible.

Do you know if there are better alternatives to the OPLSAA, in Gromacs,
for graphene edls? How to solve the problem with the potential?

Thanks again.

Best regards

Andreas