[gmx-users] New atom definition

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Sep 18 13:27:11 CEST 2015

On 9/18/15 12:20 AM, Maryam Kowsar wrote:
> Thaks justin!
> I did it several times and it worked. But now when i want to add some
> neutral gas or heavy atoms it stops me with the error that the atom is not
> defined. I dont know where i make a mistake.

Neither does anyone here, because you haven't provided any useful information
about the problem.  You need to tell us (1) exactly what you're doing - what
you've added and how you've done it and (2) exactly what the error message is -
copied and pasted from the terminal, not re-typed or interpreted.

-Justin

> On Friday, September 18, 2015, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>

>> On 9/17/15 3:08 PM, Maryam Kowsar wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I want to use some atoms that are not implemented in gromacs. If i even
>>> make a .gro file, making a topology is a problem. What should i do?
>>>

>> Derive parameters in a manner consistent with the desired force field and
>> add all necessary bonded and nonbonded parameters to ffbonded.itp and
>> ffnonbonded.itp.
>>
>> -Justin
>>
>> --
>>
>> Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.