[gmx-users] no domain decomposition

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Sep 24 19:22:35 CEST 2015

On 9/24/15 1:19 PM, soumadwip ghosh wrote:
> Hi Mark and Justin,
>             actually I have simulated each item with pure SPCE water
> separately for a few nanoseconds and they are absolutely fine. The
> initial structure ( a small dna inside a CNT) was generated using
> Packmol and may be due to this I have this error occuring each time.
> Justin asked me to carefully look into the nvt.log file which I have
> attached in my previous mail. But I am unable to detect any source of

The list does not accept attachments.  One of us says that every day...

> that error from it. Tsjerk suggested that for my system -nt has to be
> kept less than 8. I tried that too but the same LINCS warning pops up.
> My question is is there any way to fix the problem using some options
> in the mdrun prompt? I  think I have correct topologies since I am

You should upload your .log file and any pertinent .mdp file(s) and provide links.

> able to simulate each species separately. Hence, technically is there
> a viable solution? Like I can tell you I deliberately kept the box
> size 1000 nm3 to replicate some observations while the use of editconf
> sugeested the box size should be 580 nm3 but can this be the issue? At

editconf does what it's told; I don't know how it can "suggest" anything.
Without the exact sequence of commands of what you did, this description is
really not useful.

-Justin

> this point I am thinking of repeating the simulation keeping a small
> box in mind. However, it would be really helpful if someone can
> provide some insights in fixing this problem .
>
> Regards,
> Soumadwip

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy