[gmx-users] Regarding gmx-user mailing list thread "Gibbs free energy landscape Vs. the stability of protein structure"

Naba nabajyoti.goswami at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 07:19:46 CEST 2015

Dear David sir,

Is it feasible to evaluate Gibbs free energy landscape of only the
concerned loops from cartesian coordinates?
I mean to say is it feasible to extract covariance matrix of my concerned
loops from the entire trajectory and then evaluating Gibbs free energy
landscape?
OR, should I extract trajectories of each and every loops separately and
calculating extract covariance matrix of each loop and then should I see
the Gibbs free energy landscape?

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 7:42 PM, David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>
wrote:

> On 24/09/15 13:54, Nabajyoti Goswami wrote:
>
>> Sir,
>> I am a very big fan of yours and I deeply apologize for mailing this way.
>> Actually I need some outcome within a very short period of time. So, I
>> could not wait for the mailing lists answers.
>>
>> Coming to the point.. Can you please explain the tricks of dihedral PCA?
>> You answered as my sampling was far from being complete because of the
>> huge differences between my chosen temperatures 300K and 310K, then how
>> can I make some comments at least, if my results are inconclusive. So
>> far as stability point of view, how do I set my MDs?
>>
> As I said you may be sampling different part of phase space, but it could
> also be that it is something very similar in cartesian space.
> The simple recommendation is do not use dihedral PCA at all but something
> in cartesian space.
>

>> I have attached another figure (3D version of the previously generated
>> figure). But I am a bit in confusion to analyze them.
>>
>> Please help a little sir.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Yours truly
>>

>> Nabajyoti Goswami
>>
>> Bioinformatics Infrastructure Facility
>> Department of Animal Biotechnology
>> College of Veterinary Science
>> Assam Agricultural University
>> Khanapara, Guwahati 781022
>> Assam, India

> Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:  +46184714205.
> spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se    http://folding.bmc.uu.se
>
> * Please search the archive at
> posting!

> * For (un)subscribe requests visit