[gmx-users] apparent shear rate vs. shear stress using cos_acceleration function in Gromacs

Subas Dhakal sdhakalsnu at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 05:44:08 CEST 2015

Dear Gromacs users,

I am trying to simulate a  polymer system  under shear condition using
cos_acceleration  function in Gromacs. The streaming velocity is in
x-direction and the gradient is in the z direction. Is there a way that I
can output apparent shear rate vs.  shear stress directly rather than
viscosity?

(1) By apparent shear rate, I mean the velocity profile in the z
direction--that would enable to calculate the shear rates.

(2) Should I take the pressure component (Pxz) as the shear stress or there
is something else?

Thank you in advance,

Best,

--
Subas Dhakal
Department of Biomedical and Chemical Engineering