[gmx-users] No domain decomposition

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Sep 28 14:55:07 CEST 2015

On 9/28/15 8:49 AM, Chandan Choudhury wrote:
> g_tune_pme would give some useful information.
>

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 6:05 PM, soumadwip ghosh <soumadwipghosh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Chandan,
>>                   I tried it once using -nt option but it failed . I
>> kept it 8 although I dont know how to change the number of nodes for
>> mdrun correctly. How do I know the value of x if I want to run say
>> mdun -deffnm mdfinal -nt x. It is worth mentioning here that for my
>> NPT and NVT mdrun proceeded smoothly and I am being troubled only in
>> the production run stage. i would appreciate any sort of help. One
>> more question - from the crashed mdfinal.log file is it possible to
>> have some information about domain decomposition or the approximate
>> value of -nt x?

The DD failure is symptomatic of unstable physics, not causative of it.
Regardless of how many threads/cores you use, an unstable system will always
crash.  You need to have a thorough look through
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Blowing_Up#Diagnosing_an_Unstable_System

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629