[gmx-users] adding walls? to EDL simulation?

Andreas adnad at gmx.net
Tue Sep 29 01:43:14 CEST 2015

hello users,

here is another and better phrasing of my problem. if i have a 3D pbc I
create some sort of "dipol plate". And using only pbc=xy I can not use
Ewald methods (PME) or pressure coupling (manual) without using two walls.

I don't understand the wall-atomtype variable? And how to use walls to
fit my problem?

I just want to realize that the electrostatic force (or better all
forces) of each graphene layer acts only in one z-direction and still
use PME (or something for long range electrostatics) and pressure coupling.

I dont know if it is practical/possible to lower the distance for the
PME, like a cut of distance and to define an empty room bigger then the
actual experiment.

best regards

Andreas