[gmx-users] mutating the protein

Repic Matej matej.repic at epfl.ch
Wed Sep 30 13:19:25 CEST 2015

I do not think this is something gromacs supports, but you can use several
other programs like VMD, Chimera, Modeler etc, depending on the method of
mutating a residue. I usually use chimera on macosx or linux like this:

echo "open protein.pdb; swapaa leu :333.a; write 0 333leu.pdb" | chimera
--nogui

This command opens the protein.pdb, swaps the amino acid 333 on chain a,
and saves the pdb as 333leu.pdb.

Best,

Dr. Matej Repic
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
Laboratory of Computational Chemistry and Biochemistry
SB - ISIC ­ LCBC
BCH 4108
CH - 1015 Lausanne

On 9/30/15, 11:55, "gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se on