[gmx-users] Number of simulated annealing points

Tim Moore tcmoore3 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 01:50:14 CEST 2016

I went back and tried to change MAXPTR to a larger value - I then get a
different error saying input lines can only contain 4095 characters. After
digging around the source code a bit more, I found this came from a defined
constant STRLEN in src/gromacs/utility/cstringutil.h
<https://github.com/gromacs/gromacs/blob/f3602aa73c3012363cea7013f28458754a9debdb/src/gromacs/utility/cstringutil.h>*.
*I updated this to a larger value to accommodate my long lines in the mdp
file. After re-installing, I can successfully grompp my input file, and it
seems to be running fine.

I'm assuming since make check passed without errors, I should not be
concerned about any hidden, funky behavior. Is this a safe assumption? And
is there any reason why setting STRLEN to a much larger number is a bad
idea?

--
Tim Moore