[gmx-users] Problem in implementing do_dssp

Rishikesh Parulekar rishi05parulekar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:46:37 CEST 2016

Hi dear all,

     I am trying to analyse the secondary structure of my protein by using
do_dssp on gromacs-5.1.2. However it consistently showing the fatal error:
failed to execute command. Try specifying your dssp version with the -ver
option.
I am using dssp executable file i.e dssp-2.0.4-linux-amd64 and it has been
properly placed in /usr/local/bin and also command with -ver option has
also been executed
gmx_mpi do_dssp -f md.trr -s md.tpr -o ss.xpm -sc protein.xvg -ver 2 but
the fatal error still persists. I am actually not getting the valid
solution after many executions.

Thanks in advance,

Rishikesh S. Parulekar
Research scholar,